About Auburn Housing Authority
It is the Mission of the Auburn Housing Authority to:
- Provide affordable, decent, safe, and sanitary housing through the maintenance of our existing units and the development of new units.
- To create an environment which enables residents to live responsibly and with dignity.
- To support residents in their efforts to achieve self-sufficiency.
- To honor public commitments in a fiscally and ethically responsible manner.
- To create and maintain public confidence in the Authority’s operations and staff.
- To ensure that the facilities owned and managed by the Auburn Housing Authority are marketable in the community and are appealing to residents.
- To enable the Auburn Housing Authority staff to improve their performance through appropriate vision, training, and career development.
- To establish performance goals that meet or exceed industry standards.
- To assist the Town, State and Federal government in identifying and addressing housing needs.
Auburn Housing Authority Office
200 Oxford St. N
Auburn, MA 01501
Hours: M – F 9 AM to 3 PM
Auburn Housing Authority is a politic, corporate and duly organized public housing agency. State and Federal lawmakers promulgate rules and regulations by which the housing authority must abide. The authority’s funding is received directly from state and federal agencies.
A five-member Board of Commissioners oversees the authority, providing leadership and advice and advocating for current and future housing. As public officials, they hold meetings according to M.G.L. chapter 39 sections 2B of open meeting law. Meetings are on the first Tuesday of every month unless there is a conflict and are open to the public. We post all meetings with the Town Clerk at the Town Hall.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Federal and State programs. Together the Executive Director and Board form a powerful force in serving those in need within this community.
Board of Commissioners and Executive Director
Roberta F. Briggs
Ann L. Weston
Alice M. Rea
Joyce W. Lamoreaux